Over the last few months I’ve had the pleasure of setting up Flickr accounts for a few of our *clients and almost every time I use it, I’m reminded of these words from a poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, “How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.”
While I don’t really like to use the love word to reflect my attitude towards an online service, I just can’t help it, I love Flickr…and so does everyone else here at Sundog Media!
So how do we love Flickr? Let us count just a few of the ways for ya:
- It’s FREE!
- They give you 1 terabyte of storage! That’s room for almost 500,000 averaged sized photos.
- You can store and display your photos at their full resolutions. No more having to resize or chop.
- The provide easy drag-and-drop tools for uploading photos and organizing them into sets (think “photo album”).
- Every time you add or remove new photos, your website will automatically update.
- It’s like having a whole other website that you can use as part of your social media marketing.
- You can easily share your photos with Facebook, Twitter, your WordPress site, Pinterest, and more.
- You can store videos of up to three minutes in length at 1080p resolution.
- Because your website images are stored on Flickr your site will load faster.
- Flickr provides a range of basic photo-editing tools, including simple ways to fix red eye, blemishes and more.
- They allow web developers like ourselves to create our own Flickr WordPress plugins specifically for our *clients’ use.
- And, of course, much more!
After all, we want you to love Flickr as much as we do!
*Some of our clients who use Flickr and our newly created Flickr plugin: