Sundog Media provides the following benefits to all eligible full‐time and part‐time employees.
All employees will have the following holidays off:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve Afternoon
- Christmas Day
Beyond working from home, one of the best benefits of being a Sundog, is you get plenty of vacation time to spend with family/friends and to enjoy life. And, we really want you to use it. In fact, you will be a much more interesting team member and refreshed to face the challenges that come with an engaging career. Our Vacation policy is pretty simple, use it or lose it.
- Every “SUNDOG TIME 32 (with a rare 40 to cover emergencies)” team member gets up to 4 weeks vacation
- Part Time – If you are half time or quarter time, just do the math, you get that percentage.
- Team members should mark any upcoming events that are important for the team to share on our Google Calendar. It is for everyone to use for planning vacation and time off. As a small team we try to take vacations on different weeks to ensure customer requests are met.
- Just Prior to your Vacation, post a Reminder BC message with the time you’ll be gone and when your planned return date in our Communications Project before you head out since we don’t all check the time off calendar daily.
- Let any customers you are working with in an active project know you will be on vacation and whom to contact while you are out.
- Vacation time is not accrued – use it or lose it.
- If you leave or are let go from Sundog you are not owed anything for unused vacation time.
- New employees may only use up to 2 weeks vacation in the first 6 months.
- Required: Leave Time must be requested at least 2 weeks in advance so our small team can ensure projects and the needs of the customers you’re working with are met.
- We prefer that you use your vacation in less than 2-week blocks at a time. However, if you wish to take 3 or 4 weeks of your vacation at one time, the request must be made at least 2 months in advance to ensure our customers’ needs are met and covered sufficiently during your absence.
- Post a message noting your vacation time to our entire team in the Basecamp Time Off Project so the team knows you’ll be out and note it on Sundog’s Vacation Calendar at www.Google.com
SICK / PERSONAL LEAVE
- All team members will receive 2 days that can be used as a Personal Day or Sick Leave Day. ie. If you work 20 hour weeks, you receive two 4 hour ‘days’ or 8 hours of Personal or Sick Leave each year.
- Use it or lose it.
- If you leave or are let go from Sundog you are not owed anything for unused sick/personal leave time.
PART TIME SALARY OPTION / SUMMER
- June & July (or possibly other months upon request).
- 16 hours spread over 3-5 days each week
- No impact to benefits / vacation.
- 50% Salary reduction for the month(s) working Part Time.
- Coordination of coverage with team and customers as needed.
EMPLOYEE RETIREMENT PLAN
Effective March 1, 2020, Sundog Media established Sundog’s Employee Retirement Plan. It is a Business SIMPLE IRA with employer matching administered through Schwab.com in accordance with Federal regulations. Contact Cathy or Joe Law for further details.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
Sundog Media will provide the necessary hardware and software for employees to do their job. Please inform management if you don’t have all the necessary hardware or software. Each employee provides their own internet service.
This is determined on a case by case basis. Please inquire with Cathy or Joe Law if Sundog Media is not already providing your business phone service.