Sundog Media Specializes in Managed WordPress Hosting
Our clients come to us not only for our brilliant custom designs built in WordPress, but because we provide managed hosting solutions and continued support and maintenance for those sites after they have launched.
Starting in 2013 we partnered with WP Engine to work with us to provide our clients with the best managed WordPress hosting possible. We leverage all the great features and services that WP Engine provides along with the Sundog Media Team’s hands-on, value-added services. This means you get the best hosting company/platform with our team as the local Alaska access point for not only your hosting but any maintenance, management or continued development. Our team feels personally responsible for every website we care for and you will find the combination of Sundog Media and WP Engine a powerful managed WordPress hosting solution.
Top Reasons to Host With Sundog Media
Our team will not only keep your WordPress & plugin versions current we will also help you choose plugins that best suit your needs.
Strong security measures ensure your website is protected from malware exploits and that your website is running at its peak performance level. In the unlikely event that your site is compromised, it will be dealt with, cleaned up and restored ASAP!
We use the latest website monitoring and performance software to keep a close eye on all of our managed websites. If something does go wrong, we know about it and can take appropriate action quickly.
Fast Download Speeds
We take your site speed to new levels with multi-server clusters and wicked-fast hardware. With page-caching, database-caching, object-caching right at the server level you can expect your site to load fast.
That’s correct…daily backups. Your entire WordPress website, with all of its pieces and parts, is backed up safely, securely and daily! If something untoward occurs, your website will be restored quickly and easily.
Email Form Testing
If your website utilizes email forms, we will be testing them 3 times a year. This helps ensure that one of the most critical ways in which your customers and clients connect with you is working properly. Click here for an article about the care and feeding of Email Forms.
The use of HTTPS is becoming more important as it protects the integrity and confidentiality of your users’ data. Google has even published that they now give a ranking boost to secure HTTPS sites, and we could all use that!
Keeping an eye on your website traffic is important, and we believe that Google Analytics offers the best tracking service in the business. We will help you set-up a free account where you will be able to view your visitor traffic as often as you like.
Trust the Sundog Media Team to watch over your website, and we’ll take care of it as if it were our own.
Our Basic Managed Hosting Specifications & Policies:
- Our WordPress & Plugin Management includes both a visual and functionality review of your website to make sure all is working correctly after upgrades take place. Click here to view a current list of WP Plugins that we do not support and will not allow on our servers.
- We guarantee your site will enjoy a 99% uptime
- You’ll receive up to 3 GB of possible Website Storage
- You’ll receive up to 5GB in Monthly Bandwidth
- You can receive up to 10,000 visits per month
- We’ll help you set up a Google Analytics account to monitor your website(s) traffic.
- Your WordPress site will be optimized specifically to run smoothly, efficiently and as maintenance free as possible.
- We support WordPress Multisite. Please contact us for details & costs!
- We do not provide hosting for any type of file sharing service.
- We do not provide email hosting. We suggest Google apps as an alternative or a more robust exchange server. This allows you to have total control over your own email accounts.
- We do not allow video hosting but instead encourage you to have an account with Vimeo.com or YouTube.com which allows for not only easy embedding options on your website, it also allows your website to operate more efficiently and with your video accounts on Vimeo or YouTube, you’ll enjoy the extra benefits of strategic marketing.
- cPanel access is not provided.
- FTP Access is not provided unless it’s a mutually agreed upon special circumstance.
- We do not support content delivery networks (CDN).
- Hosting is only for WordPress websites.
Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties: Although there are limitations to the guarantees we can provide, your satisfaction is very important to us. Please read and understand our limits of liability before engaging our services. Although we strive for your website’s optimal performance and security, we did not build the WordPress software or plugins used on the website and are only resellers of the hosting platform it runs on. For this reason, Sundog Media does not represent, guarantee or warrant that the functions contained in these web pages or internet website will be will be uninterrupted, error-free, free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking, or other security intrusions, and Sundog Media disclaims any liability relating thereto. Sundog is also not responsible when our client attempts to update the website and damages the design or impairs the ability for the web pages to display or function properly. If an issue does arise however you can count on Sundog to work along with you to find a good resolution.